Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stealth Diaper Bag

Diaper Bag (Custom Order) My dear friend Nathan asked me to design a diaper bag (that didn't look like a diaper bag) for his expecting sister-in-law. Note, I've always wanted to design a diaper bag, they're huge bags with lots of compartments! Can't ask for more. Plus, the Nurse Purse would make a great accessory to a matching diaper bag, right Lori?

This was the perfect motivation to sketch some designs for a stealth diaper bag, when I can get input from a friend who has great taste. :)

I sketched a design clad with dimensions, and Nathan and I went to the fabric store to look for supplies. I have to say, I took the back seat as far as fabric designs (these things are very personal, so I didn't want to interfere); I was just there for moral support. Nathan has exquisite taste in colors and textures. He gets full credit for making this bag look exceptional! I merely did the structural design elements, and that's all I can claim.

And here you have it, a diaper bag with a large pocket in the front with a nickel snap closure, two pockets on the side for bottles, 3 pockets inside for accessories, and a divider to separate your things from baby's. The strap is adjustable and removable, so you can wear it as a messenger, tote, or shorten the strap and sling it over your shoulders and be on your way. The entire bag closes with two heavy duty nickel snaps, so it's quick to close, but you can also leave it open.

It also makes a great travel bag, portfolio bag (for those really large prints and paintings), photography carry-all, beach bag, or just your everyday bag. I plan on making one for myself for traveling, which means it'll be my everyday bag. I'm a big fan of gargantuan bags. :)

Things to look forward to in the next coming months:
  • Ruched Bottom Bag Baby - I received plenty of feedback on my ruched bags during the craft fair, and all of them said that they would buy it if it were half the size (again, I love big bags). So I've sized them down about 2/3 the size. My mom loves it, so that's my stamp of approval!
  • Messengers - I know, I know, I said I would have these for the fall, but it just wasn't up to standard, so I've tweaked some proportions and I think I have a winner.
  • Hip Pocket Winners - The winners for the competition. Pst, there's still time to submit!
  • Hip Pocket Minis - Just for the cell.
That's all.

p.s. If you have any suggestions for items you'd like to see in the shop, send me an e-mail! Subject: jennyndesign suggestions. I'm all about improving my designs and adding new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment