Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I cut my own hair.

I am really bad at maintaining my hair. Last time it was cut was a while ago. Like months. Yeah, it's that bad.

I recently saw some pictures of me from this past weekend and was shocked at how unkempt my hair looked. I mean, wavy here, straight there, and really messy. It was time for a cut. But because I'm low on funds, I figured I would try cutting it myself.

It can't be that hard, right? It's just hair. It grows back. It's not rocket science. It's definitely not engineering, and I figure if I can design new medical devices, I can surely cut hair. Plus, I'm Vietnamese; it's in my blood.

So here are the results. No "before" this time. I was too in a hurry to chop these locks!

Length Cut: 4-5 inches
Time: 50 minutes (yes, I am impatient, and I rushed a little)
Method: Wet cut, layered in back w/ razor, feathered in front w/ shears
Drying: Blow dry, straightened (to make sure it was even... check!)
Products: Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide, Redken Forceful 23 Finishing Spray

hair massacre scene
Crime Scene

haircut
Finished Product

Not too bad of an experience. It'll be better next time. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment