Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Moved!

I earned my Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Engineering from UT Austin!! Hooray!

DSC08068.JPG
That's me with my pretty little family (brother Chris, Mom, Dad) plus my friend's finger in the lens. Note: my tassel says 2006; that's because I used my brother's engineering regalia (yeah, I'm cheap), and I just altered the gown to fit me. :)

I'm still in Austin, just a bit further north of UT campus with my brother! It feels weird to be so far from campus, all the buses, and the bustling traffic of central Austin, but it is quite serene where I am now. I can now focus on some serious bag designing and making (in a bigger place where I won't bother my brother with sewing machine and hammering noises)!

Don't worry, I will find a way to use my engineering degree; it won't go to waste. In the meantime, please enjoy the use of my engineering skills in some wonderful summer bags!

Here are some pictures of my new space I snapped with my phone (after all the moving and unpacking, I was too lazy to take out the camera, so the iphone did some good).

workspace
Where most of the work is done. Cutting, shaping, pining, hammering...
And that's only half of my fabric. The rest are in boxes and I'm a little traumatized to unpack them. Yikes!

workspace2
Computer, printer, shipping supplies, ready-to-ship bags, sewing machine, leopard house slippers. I sleep on this side of the room on the floor on a futon mattress. Hey! Just because I graduated doesn't mean I have to abandon my college ways. :)

So what now?

Well, I've got some new designs and fabrics that will be making their way to the shop, so keep a look out! I'll keep you posted!

SHOP NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment