Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Coming Winter 2010

I've always had a great interest in Indian culture.  It began when I started teaching Yoga five years ago.  Earlier this year, when I met The Boy, I was then introduced to the food, music, Hindi films, and more importantly, THE FABRICS! Silks silks and more silks. Embroidered fabrics. Rich and vibrant colors. Beautiful textures. I love it all, and I want to get my hands on it all! :)

For Thanksgiving, I visited The Boy's family and I had the honor of stepping into the largest closet I've ever stepped foot in. And not only was the closet huge, but it was filled with hundreds of sarees. Hundreds. Boxes of yards of beautiful embroidered 100% silks all from Mumbai India. And the most interesting fact? The owner has never worn the same saree more than once! I died. And fortunately for you, I live to tell the story.

Introducing the first installment of its series - The Saree Collection.




Coming Winter 2010


Psst. I'm starting this collection off with a giveaway.  More details after the New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially love that violet and red piece, in the lower right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are vibrant and inspiring, I can see why you are so taken with them Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait to see the new collection! Mom was very thrilled to read this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been to India several times and simply LOVE the culture. We have a few saris ourselves. Look forward to reading and seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Jenny - we ALL LOVE you & your sweet pug!!!! and the beautiful creations you make!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete