Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Picks: Pet Portraits

'Tis the season for family portraits! It's a yearly struggle to get Baby and Dog to stay still AND look at the camera. How do they do it?!

Yesterday I decided to take a short break from sewing and take some pictures for holiday cards --and what better subject do I have besides my little pug, Hubert?

Hubert the Reindeer Pug
Hubert the Reindeer Pug

Don't be fooled by his panicked/confused expression, he always looks like that. Plus, he was showered in treats, hugs and kisses afterward, so what's a little suffering here and there, right? You can see more of Hubert and the Reindeer Antlers on my flickr.

Need something more secure for your pet to wear to the photo shoot? Here are some of my favorites. :)

Holiday Picks: Pet Portraits

a. Eco Dog Coat, AnniesSweatShop
b. English Harbour Full Neck Sweater, MyAdorableDoggie
c. RECYCLE Dog Hat and Scarf Set, NurdBunny
d. Christmas Tartan Pet Bow Tie, WhiskerKisses
e. Shakespeare Dog Neck Warmer, BeanTownHandmade
f. Ruffle Rump Doberman Sweater, hoverfly




9 comments:

  1. These are precious! What beautiful creatures you've found. I have to send some friends over to see this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Doberman looks so dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Hubert! That photo of the boxer in the neckwarmer *almost* has me convinced that Lucy wouldn't hate me if I mad her wear one. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for featuring us :)

    hoverfly.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable collection!!!
    I love how Whiskers is holding her own!
    Blessings and magic,
    Donni from Fairyfolk

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get your dog to stand so still? My lab always fidgets and I can never get a good picture. Your dog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. I've practice "Stay" with him for over a year now. Also, I baby talk to him and I think he's trying to listen intently so he stays pretty still and tilts his head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. To make our little Jack Russel terrier pose for a picture we use the power of the cookie and take a lot of shots only to pick one good later. Although, sometimes she gets in the mood for posing and behaves professionally. She is my little super model. Thank you for picking us for your blog.

    ReplyDelete