Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Finds: Valentine's Pounce

I recently arranged a little pug playdate with two of my pug-owner friends Christine and Valerie. Boy did I learned new things. Turns out Hubert is not the only pug who snores constantly, eats every little thing off the floor, is constantly passing gas, and does not stop shedding. It's a pug thing. The good things they have in common? No attitude problems. Our boys have been easy-to-train and obedient little fellas who will do anything to abide their mothers' rules. :)

Now I know why mommy blogs like Dooce, Scary Mommy, and Mommy From the Midwest are so popular. When you're new at something, you want to know other people are experiencing similar things. And I felt that way when I met two other pug owners. This is my closest experience to being a mom.

As I was thinking about being new, I thought about being a new seller. Remember the first time you listed something, you waited and waited and waited for your first sale. And when you finally made the sale, you didn't know how to print a shipping label or how to package it?

It was months before I learned the ways of selling, and now it's much easier. Though I still do a celebratory dance every time I get an e-mail from Etsy Transactions about a sale. Then I text The Boy to tell him so I can get some praise. :) That feeling of making a sale NEVER gets old.

Yesterday morning as I assembled this collection of Finds for today, I received my Etsy Finds e-mail and noticed that Etsy, too was celebrating the n00b seller. Great minds, right?  The sellers I found were different from the ones featured, so that means that there are TONS of new sellers on Etsy. And all of these featured sellers have not made their FIRST sale yet!

Will you be their first sale?



Friday Finds: Valentine's Pounce
 
a. POLKA DOT Heart box, Mmim
b. Cupid's Cutie, jstillion
c. 8X10 Scarlet Jewels, andromedia
d. Red Heart Small Acrylic Valentine's Gift, JollyDogGoods
e. Baby Robot Valentine's Day Theme 1, rjgazray
f. Feather Cascade, CompassandStars




9 comments:

  1. Omg, thank you so much for featuring my Baby Robot! I'm flattered to see it here and I am really enjoying your blog. It's a little scary being a new Etsy-er so it's nice to get a little pat on the shoulder once in awhile and to realize lots of other people are in the same boat.

    You can see my two blogs here:
    prettymuchliqidesigns.blogspot.com
    prettymuchliqi.blogspot.com

    Thank you again!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for supporting my shop and featuring my work! Your blog is wonderful =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found some wonderful pieces! Love everything you've shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled and grateful to have one of my fine art prints featured on your site! Thanks so much Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with LiQi, thank you for checking out us newbies! You picked a great selection this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coolest thing! Thank you so much for featuring my design. Check out my blog (link is below) for details on our Valentine's Day Giveaway Contest, good for a $25 gift certificate to Buggy Ballerina. I really appreciate your support of my shop and I will definitely be following your blog. :) Thank you so much Jenny, you just made my weekend!

    http://buggyballerina.blogspot.com/

    Jacquelyne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet Valentine finds Jenny~and wonderful of you to search out the timid new Etsy sellers, it can be SO daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great, Jenny! Yes, I remember well waiting for my first sale. I have to admit, I haven't used the Pounce feature much. But I'm going to remedy that and do an all-Pounce treasury one of these days.

    Fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely finds, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete