Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Finds: Bullets

My dad used to be an avid target shooter --and had many trophies to prove it (which have all been donated courtesy of my mom who is a neat freak).  I remember some Sunday mornings I would wake up to the sound of the bullet casing cleaner motor rumbling in the garage. I remember the smell of the metal and the cork-like substance that was used to polish the casings.  After the casings were polished, my dad would refill them with gun powder and then cap the bullets with a heavy duty press. He gave such attention to each piece and was very meticulous about the process.  Maybe that's where I get my methodical nature when it comes to making each bag.

Although I'm not a big fan of guns - I'm a bit of a knife collector (also father-influenced), I still have an appreciation for bullets and how they are re purposed into beautiful pieces.



Monday Finds: Bullets
a. Ammo Belt Necktie, ToyBreaker
b. Bullet and Topaz Necklace, DinosaurToes 
c. Bullet Pen, weeangusww
d. Primal Earrings, SavageSalvage
e. 308 Caliber Brass Bullet Casings, Soldierboy




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my necklace! I also love the earrings, but she always has beautiful items in her shop!

    I'm a bit of a gun freak myself. I used to think it wouldn't be much fun just shooting at something, but then I finally tried and I've been hooked ever since! My husband doesn't like to admit it, but I've been a better aim than him since the second time we target practiced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat collection of items. Thanks for including my pen among such great work.

    ReplyDelete