Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Polkadots Cupcake Factory

The Boy and I are on a mission to try all the cupcake shops in Austin. This weekend we tried Polkadots (located in West Campus). We bought 4 of the Saturday specials and off to Townlake we went to try out the cupcakes while enjoying the overcast outdoors!

We tried Strawberry Coconut, Honey and Chai, Strawberry Shortcake, and Chocolate Caramel. Our favorite was Honey and Chai, hands down. It was moist and had the most flavor --we're huge fans of lots of spices.

I really enjoyed Strawberry Shortcake because it reminded me of my childhood when I was a competitive swimmer and after every swim meet, my parents would take us to McKenzie's (in West Bank New Orleans, where we used to live) for a big strawberry shortcake. The best treat after a long day of swimming!


How do these cupcakes compare to our current favorite Hey Cupcake? We can't really give a direct comparison because we always order the 24 Carrot and Red Velvet from Hey Cupcake and we didn't try those at Polkadots. But I will give you this:

Both are equally moist. 
Polkadots has WAY MORE FLAVORS compared to Hey Cupcake.
Hey Cupcake has LARGER cupcakes for the same price.

When we're in the mood for something other than Red Velvet and Carrot cake, we're definitely adding Polkadots to our map for our sweet tooth cravings!




Trying out Polkadots Cupcake Factory near campus. Strawberry coconut, Honey and Chai, Strawberry Shortcake and Chocolate Caramel
Chocolate Caramel
Strawberry Shortcake
Yum!
Honey and Chai
Defeated with one left.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love all the pictures. Cupcakes have such an unexplainable appeal lol. I wish we had a cupcakes place around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love all the pictures. Looks like you guys enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so tasty!! =) maybe I will browse some recipe tonight and try to make my own cupcake at home.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cute photos! and now I am jealous I don't have a cupcake... I think it's lunch time.

    ReplyDelete