Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Finds: Yoga

I really miss Yoga. I was a Ashtanga Yoga and Pilates Mat instructor throughout my five years in college. I earned my certifications in high school and continued to increase my certifications and education in fitness during college because I felt that a balanced life included my triad of art, academics, and fitness. I think without incorporating my love of design/art and also my love of teaching fitness, I wouldn't have survived the rigorous engineering curriculum (and I wouldn't have my current career!).

My friend Nate recently thanked me for introducing him to Yoga because he attends classes 3-4 times a week! I soon realized that Yoga was missing from my life - thus my incomplete triad. I will be making a strong attempt to practice some of my own Yoga and Pilates teachings each morning before I start work, and then possibly enroll in a studio. Unfortunately, teaching is not on my agenda - it's a lot more time than one may think. Although the pay is very good, it's hourly for the duration of the actual class, and I ended up spending at least an hour before to prepare and a little less afterward answering questions and following up with my students. I must dedicate all my time to my business (as I'm still trying to find time to come up with new designs!).

But, since I'm on the topic, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite yoga finds on Etsy. :)

Friday Finds: Yoga

The Urban Yogi by Sundara Studio
The Drawstring Pant by Gaia Conceptions
Branch Tree Ring by Teri Lee Jewelry

1 comment: