Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Playing With My New Camera!

I finally bought an SLR. I wanted something inexpensive, basic, and could take better pictures than my current point-and-shoot (and possibly improve the look of my product photography). So I got the Nikon D40. Super basic, manual focus (which I love love, but need more practice with) and has the same physical dimensions as my Sony H5 point-and-shoot which I purchased in 2006 for $450 (OMG!!!! For a point-and-shoot?!).

At $399 with free shipping from Best Buy, I couldn't find a better reason to splurge. Keep in mind that the Nikon D40 came out in 2006. I thought about the micro four thirds cameras, but couldn't bring myself to spend nearly double the money on one despite them being uber-cool. Maybe later.

Anyway, the camera came in today and I put everything together (attaching the strap took the longest, geeze they make that thing complicated) and went around the studio and outside to take some pretty pictures.

Enjoy!

Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera
Trying out the new camera

I'm no where close to being a professional photographer, and I really need to practice with the manual focus and zoom, but it was a fun photo excursion nonetheless. :)

3 comments:

  1. How fun... you are going to enjoy your new camera! Lovely photos; very nice, especially for your first day with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeeautiful photos! You're gonna have a lot of fun learning to use your camera!

    ReplyDelete