Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

His "Spot"

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert

I taught Hubert as a puppy that anytime I place a pillow or towel on the ground, it is his "spot". Ever since I introduced that word into his vocabulary, it has been easy breezy gettin' this guy off the furniture and out of the bedrooms and my studio. I just lay a towel in front of the doorway and say, "Where's your bone? Take it to your spot" and he's running to his bedroom, picking up his raw hide and bringing it to the towel to sit and chew for hours. It's great.

Yesterday he had his bone nearby, but didn't feel like chewing. Instead he shot puppy glances at me while I was sewing and I would "Awwwww", take a break and take pictures.

The pictures are a bit blurry, because it was dark and I couldn't see well enough to adjust my MANUAL focus (the only downside to the Nikon D40, but I love it with well lit areas). 

EDIT: I should note that Hubert isn't sad despite his facial expression. Hubert was actually sleeping in these positions when I took these pictures. Each time I saw him sleeping in a cute position, I would sneak over to the ground with my camera and try to focus, then whisper, "Hubert" and he would open his eyes in all his sleepy glory cuteness and look just like this. Makes me want to smooch his wrinkly little apple head. Every time.

5 comments:

  1. cuteness alert! all i want to do is blabber incoherent words and cuddle him and snuggle him. he brings out the immaturity in me. sigh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's not sad! He always looks like that, even when we're playing. His face is just like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg how cute is he?? i'm dying from the cute overload!

    ReplyDelete