Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm 24


Image by Meredith Winn

I always imagined I would give my greatest contribution to the world at age 30, and then sustain it starting at 40+.  I borrowed this idea from the Field's Medal requirements.

Six more years to make a miracle! :)

But honestly, I can't believe I started this business while I was still in my junior year of college (studying engineering of all things) and now it's my full-time job. I am so thankful for all the support I've received from many people along the way - including my parents, brother, boyfriend, dog (he sleeps by my feet and transfers encouraging energy me way), friends and internet friends I've met in the last two years. It's been a great journey and I'm excited to continue it for as long as I can continue designing and making.

And now I leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Hubert - the day that I brought him home from the airport to be a part of my family the summer that I started my business.

Hubert sleeping (11 wks)
His paw pads were pink! So cute!



6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! And huge congrats on being a part of Austin Fashion Week. We should catch up over drinks sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jenny! And a big awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! for that pic of Hubert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Birthday wishes for you...and let Hubert have a cupcake too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful one.

    Hubert is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A late Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This almost made me tear up! Seeing our beautiful pets when they were so little is remarkable, isn't it? Vytzen isn't even a year and I'm already enjoying looking at his kitten photos remembering what it was like over the first few days.

    I'm beyond proud of you, Jenny! Your skill and determination are an incredible combo :)

    ReplyDelete