Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

T-Shirt Makeover

Samsung Austin Semiconductor was very kind enough to offer the entire company a one day pass to Fiesta Texas for their employees and a guest for Employee Appreciation Day.  Yay!

We were given these t-shirts. Okay...I can wear this...

This is what I have to work with.

But get this. The Boy gets himself a medium and me a small (which is good), and they are both way too big for us (which is bad), so he takes MY small and I'm stuck with HIS medium. You know what that means. Yes, I head to the OR for surgery. I mean studio. For sewing.

I want to do as minimal altering as possible because really, I'm just going to wear this for one day and then it goes to Goodwill. Minimal cutting, minimal sewing, minimal scraps, minimal work.  Lean manufacturing is key.

...20 minutes later, voila! A drawstring waist v-neck tunic. I likes. :)

Samsung T-Shirt Makeover
Samsung T-Shirt Makeover
Samsung T-Shirt Makeover
Minimal scraps

See you tomorrow, Fiesta Texas!!

6 comments:

  1. Look at how crafty you are! I bet you'll be the best looking one there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jenny!
    You are gonna get soooo tired of all the compliments and "where'd you get that top?"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome!!! you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! now you need to do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete