Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chao Ga

Chao Ga

This is the best remedy for being sick.

Ingredients
Chicken (I use a whole chicken, cut in half)
Ginger, sliced into small medallions
Chicken broth
Fish Sauce
Onion, diced
Garlic, diced

Sweat onion and garlic, add ginger. Salt and pepper chicken and place skin side down in pot. Let it sear and then add water (and some chicken broth) to just cover chicken. Bring to boil and add fish sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken, cut or peel into large shreds. Add uncooked (or cooked for faster results) rice and cook until they start to open (this makes it extra thick). Add chicken back in and serve with green onion and cilantro.

Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Oops, I deleted an anonymous post that was correcting my mistake because I thought I did actually type it correctly and then I found that I didn't and I couldn't bring the comment back. Whoever you are anonymous, sorry about that. It has been fixed!

    For everyone else, just ignore me because I must sound kind of crazy... :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about the virtues of fresh ginger....sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so doing that tonight!!! Thanks for the recipe...your blog is so fresh and lovely!

    ReplyDelete