Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grilled Baby Back Ribs

Grilled Pork Ribs

I made ribs last night. It was my first time and it was a success. Ribs were on sale so I thought I would try a spice rub that I made up. It consists of most of the non-Asian spices I have in my cabinet (garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder... I think that's it?). Let it marinade overnight and then grilled them the next day.

I bought intensely sweet corn and literally just plopped them as is on the grill in the last 10 minutes of the cooking process. Butter and salt would have made this taste amazing, but I have to cut calories somewhere. :)

I took some pictures with my iPhone while out on the grill. The right burner is a bit intense and so I have to do a bit of rotating to get everything to cook evenly. I make it work...
Grilling ribs
Grilling ribs
And corn
Sweet sweet corn

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm mmmmm does that look good! I always get ribs when we go to bbq joints. totally my favorite bbq-related food and you're making me hungry!

    -Diya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already starving and this just put me over the edge! looks yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious. And so does the corn!
    If you're looking for more recipes, we just posted this funny piece by Amy Ephron about how she hadn't had enough bbq ribs this summer and it posts LBJ's bbq sauce recipe, among others. Who knew...
    http://www.oneforthetable.com/oftt/stories/1864.html
    But yours look better!

    ReplyDelete