Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Sushi Rolls

Sushi Rolls
Sushi Rolls

I occasionally have a sushi craving. And because I'm not a big sushi snob, make my own little "fake rolls.  I bought some smoked salmon, cucumber, baby carrots, cream cheese and seaweed wrap to make these. Success in my book because the only real work I have to do is press "COOK" on my rice cooker. And cut the ingredients. And mix the rice with rice wine vinegar. And then assemble these rolls when the guys get home from work.  But really, it's so little work compared to other dishes I typically make.

I buy the horse radish "wasabi" in a tube and the pickled ginger in a jar. Easy peasy, huh?

p.s. On really good days, I'll season and brown panko in the frying pan and dip these guys in it for extra crunch. Didn't have time this time, but it is extra good if you're a fan of fried crunchiness.

2 comments:

  1. i think this will be the only one of your recipes I dont want to replicate! I just cannot eat sushi :( apart from the prawn ones without seaweed. and no wasabi!

    but, it does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo makes me feel hungry

    x, Thn

    ReplyDelete