Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tuna Sandwich

Tuna Sandwich
Tuna Sandwich

This is a true story of a conversation I just had with my brother, Chris.

Me: Hey Chris, what are you eating for lunch?
Chris: Tuna, bread, mustard...
Me: Tuna sandwich?
Chris: Kind of...

I look over and he literally has a loaf of bread, an open can of tuna, a bottle of mustard and a fork. He was going to put untreated tuna on a piece of untoasted, unbuttered bread and splatter mustard on top to eat.

Me: Move, I'm making you a real sandwich.
Chris: Can't deny that!

I take out the baby carrots, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I finely dice the veggies and toss them in a bowl with tuna, mayo, spicy mustard, and sprinkle in salt, pepper and garlic powder. If I had apples in the fridge, I would include that, but I didn't.

Chris: This is way too much work. You remind me of that mouse on Ratatouille and I'm like the fat brother who eats whatever.
Me: That is totally going in my blog!

I make him two sandwiches because he just came back from running 10.5 miles (!!!!) for marathon training. I finish the sandwiches on a buttered skillet. Cut, plate, serve.

Me: Ta-da!
Chris: Wow, that looks fancy...[trying to take the plate]
Me: Wait, you can't eat it yet. I have to take a picture.
Chris: WTF? Fine.

4 comments:

  1. YUM! What a good sister you are. That's so funny, too, because I just made a similar lunch for myself and my daughter, and while we were eating we were talking about the rat who likes to eat the garbage in Ratatouille! I swear!! hahahahhha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolllll! ratatoille is one of my favorite movies... and that sandwich looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Want to eat the sandwich, too.

    ReplyDelete