Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Spinch and Baby Bella Pizza with Bechamel Sauce

I've had too much meat this weekend. For lunch yesterday I had an entire turkey leg. That definitely influenced my grocery shopping today, as I almost gagged as I walked through the meat section.

So I raided the vegetables and picked ones that I don't normally work with to see if I can come up with something a little more innovative than regular ole' Vietnamese food.

Here's what I got:

Parsnips, baby portobella mushrooms, baking potatoes, baby spinach, broccoli, and serrano peppers. I also got a bag of coconut flakes because I was in the mood for sweet sticky coconut rice for a dessert. I also caved and got some ground turkey to see if I can do something with it.

At home, I emptied my bags and figured out my dinner plans.

Monday: Spinach and mushroom pizza with bechamel sauce
Tuesday: Turkey meatballs (with brown gravy), parsnip mash and steamed broccoli
Wednesday: Potato coconut curry...of sorts


And then I ran out of ingredients. But maybe leftovers will spark something new. :)

Ok. Day 1 dinner.  Done. 

Spinach & Baby Bella Pizza with Bechamel Sauce

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an excellent menu! I am obsessed with having polenta with meatballs (though parsnip mash sounds good, too) ever since eating at this great all-meatball restaurant in NYC this summer.

    That pizza is making me very jealous. Our oven is broken right now. Andy makes the only pizza I want to eat locally (after not being such a big pizza fan, I really miss NY pizza, now that I can't have it!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog!

    please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)
    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete