i heart Texas necklace from truche
From the title, you can guess what the big news is. Yep, The Boy and I are moving. In TWO WEEKS! He got a great job opportunity which happens to be in the same city as his parents, brother and sister-in-law -- Pittsburgh!
This is very bittersweet for me because I spent the last six years in Austin. I went to college here, earned an engineering degree and ended up discovering my passion, which is now my career. Austin is where I set up my HQ and started my business from scratch! I've made so many life-long friends here and am very sad to leave.
However, I have done a lot of moving from state to state and I am always excited about an opportunity to move into a new place and discover new things and meet new people, so I took this news with utmost positivity!
Pittsburgh Skyline by Prints 'n' Ribbons
Good things to come from this move?
- I will be just a short flight (or 7 hour drive) from Chicago and NYC. That means MORE appearances at vendor events near two of my largest customer bases!
- I will get to see changing seasons! I love snow and will hopefully get used to the cold. But I may not enjoy it as much at first as I do love my Texas heat. :)
- Pittsburgh Steelers! The Boy recruited me to be a fan when we started dating, and I've been a fan ever since.
- Hubert can breathe! Like most brachycephalic dogs, they can't stand the heat, and the Texas heat takes quite a toll on this little smooshed face baby. So, colder weather means better breathing (and longer walks, yay!).
- We'll be near family! I've never been away from my family, and The Boy hasn't lived near his family in about 10 years, so this will be an interesting change. I will definitely be learning some super-secret Indian family recipes that I will super-secretly share with you, too! ;)
In the meantime, The Boy and I are working hard to make sure our move is smooth and successful -- especially because I have to move my entire business during the busiest time of the year for me and I'm hoping that I don't have to shut down my shop and that I can continue to work up until our move-out and into our temporary living and into our permanent residence (we're still looking for a place!).
Which reminds me. The holidays are JUST around the corner. Remember that I have a three-week turnaround time, so the earlier you order your holiday gifts, the more likely I can have them delivered before Christmas!
Back to work + packing + organizing!