Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Roast Chicken with Rosemary Red Potatoes and String Beans

Roast Chicken (Leg), Rosemary Red Potatoes, String Beans
Roast Chicken (Breast), Rosemary Red Potatoes, String Beans

This week has been pretty busy, so I opt for preparing dishes with very little prep time and require very little baby sitting so I can throw it in the oven and forget about it for an hour or so.

This is one of those dishes.  

During lunch, I took a whole raw chicken, washed it, cut out the backbone and cracked the breast bone so that it lays flat on a rack in a baking pan (breast side up). I slather half a stick of unsalted melted butter seasoned with rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder and onion flakes underneath and on top of the skin. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours until 1.5 hours before the guys get home from work.

At 5pm, I set the oven for 350F and throw the chicken in there to roast. Set a timer for 1 hr 15 minutes.  In the meantime I prepare a batch of Travelers. Alarm goes off, I take another baking pan and season string beans and red potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt and pepper, spread them out on the pan and place it in the oven with the chicken. Crank up the heat to 375F (to get a nice crispy skin) and set a timer for 15 minutes.

Serve and done!

The Boy prefers white meat and my brother and I like dark.

It all works perfectly for this house.

3 comments:

  1. that looks absolutely delicious...mmm my bf prefers white meat and I prefer dark so we work out well as a team just like your household. I also happen to like larger-cut fries and bf likes small scraps of fries... :)

    hope you're doing well! by twitter/blog you seem to be busy but doing quite well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! is there anything you CAN'T do?! Fabulous! Nothing like a roasted chook and veggies!
    xox tash

    ReplyDelete