Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Best. Christmas. Ever.

Pitter-patter

It's not even Christmas, yet!

Sit, sit, my friends. I have a story to tell you.

'Twas the night before Christmas eve (last night), that The Boy and I prepared for our first date night in Pittsburgh. We dressed up and headed out to Plum for sushi.  I love sushi. So much so that I starved myself all day thinking about the sushi to come. We had lots of sushi, a chocolate candy cane martini, and mango sorbet for dessert.

Fast forward to the end where we head home and open our door. I immediately notice that our foyer light is off. "What? Why is our light off? We left it on when we left." "I came back and turned it off." "Oh." Not thinking that he never headed back. Hmm. Interesting.

"I have a little surprise for you!", he says as we turn the corner towards the living room.

"The Christmas tree is lit! I didn't turn that on...." Now I'm getting concerned that someone came into our apartment and robbed us, except that they lit the Christmas tree and didn't steal anything that I notice.

We turn the corner and I see that the table in our kitchen has been transformed into beautiful winter wonderland. A green garland wraps the table. Flikering tea lights, rose petals, and snow flake ornaments sprinkle the table. A bottle of champagne chilling in the 1950s ice bucket that I gave The Boy last Christmas and a vase of a dozen red roses sitting beside it nestle in the center of the table.

"Oh my god, who did this?!" is my first remark.

Crying hysterically is my second.

The Boy says that he wanted to celebrate our first Christmas in Pittsburgh in our first place.

"But there's something missing..." he says.

What could possibly be missing?! This is amazing!

"Santa left a little gift for you under the Christmas tree."

I look under the tree and notice nothing is there.  Great, Santa hates me. Didn't even leave me a measly lump of coal. Jerk.

"Except," he continues, "it's in here."

He opens the lid to our bright red ottoman and pulls out a bright red gift bag and hands it to me.

"Open it."

I look inside and see the little eggshell blue -- sorry -- Tiffany Box Blue package with a white satin bow. 

The waterworks continue.

My eyes swollen shut. Make-up running down my face. My heart racing and my carotid artery pumping so much blood to my brain that I can't hear a thing.  My vision blurs from all the tears. I think at that time The Boy is saying something but I can't recall a word. It was probably a beautiful speech. Then I see him go to one knee and ask me to marry him.

pitter-patter

Yes, my friends, I'm engaged to the man of my dreams! :)

Happy Holidays!

Love,
Jenny

23 comments:

  1. YAY Jenny!!!! SO thrilled for you!!!!!!! What an awesome Christmas gift, and a wonderful man you have found!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh very beautiful...the best Christmas gift a girl could ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jenny, that is so sweet!! congratulations! i'm so happy for your engagement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jenny! You obviously have a very thoughtful soon-to-be husband!! What a wonderful Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That was a beautiful story and proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! But where's the ring?
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Jenny! Lovely news :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, congratulations, Jenny! I teared up just reading this :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jenny! What a romantic proposal and fantastic Christmas gift! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a beautiful, thoughtful proposal! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! Congrats girl!!
    so happy for you wish you a lifetime of happiness. xoxoxoxoxo
    Jacque

    lamixx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got around to reading this...very late notice I know. I read about you getting wedding invitations ready and bookmarked that post, thinking to myself "weird, I don't remember reading about her getting engaged."


    ...anyway.


    CONGRATS! That is seriously one of THE MOST romantic engagement stories I've EVER heard! Ackkkk so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. welcome to the family jenny.Cant believe my lil sosya has grown up so quickly.To me he will always be a kid but its great to see he has made a perfect choice..God Bless you both..:)

    ReplyDelete