Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Banana Coconut Walnut Muffins

Banana Coconut Walnut Muffins

This morning, everything came together perfectly.

I drove 25 miles through snow with no windshield washer fluid and made it home alive with my windshield in all a haze from the snow and salt.

Went to Tiffany and picked up my newly-resized ring which fits perfectly! I'm a size 5.25 in case you plan on proposing to me, too.

Did a bit (understatement) of damage at Banana Republic after feeling good about my engagement ring.

The bolts of lining fabric I've been waiting for arrived exactly when I returned from my errands after successfully parallel parking between two cars.

Obviously, I'm experiencing lots of new things since moving to Pittsburgh:
1. Driving in snow, or seeing snow for that matter.
2. Being engaged.
3. Parallel parking (perks of living in the city and not wanting to pay for a garage)

To celebrate my accomplishments for today, I made a batch of muffins. Here is the original recipe.  I eliminated the butter/oil and replaced it with an extra banana and then I added the coconut, walnuts, vanilla, and soy milk.

Gotta watch my figure. :)

Banana Coconut Walnut Muffins

Makes 12 Cupcake-sized Muffins

Ingredients
1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.75 cup white sugar
4 large bananas
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Handful of broken walnuts
Handful of unsweetened shredded coconut
Splash of very vanilla Silk

Mix it all up, pour it into non-stick cupcake baking pan, and bake for 20-25 mins at 350 F.

Yum.

Happy Weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. These look delish and are going into my weekend baking plan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete