Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vietnam's Pho - Bun Bo Hue

Vietnam's Pho - Bun Bo Hue

I'm kind of spoiled. I live walking distance from two Vietnamese restaurants and three Asian grocery stores. I love living in Strip District because it's filled with wholesale markets, art venues, historical sites (including our apartment building) and lots of international cuisine.

Such proximity has made me really lazy to cook my own Vietnamese food when I can get really great stuff by just walking down the street.

The Boy and I have made it a weekly habit of visiting our favorite spot, Vietnam's Pho to get my favorite dish, Bun Bo Hue. He loves the Pho Ga (it's not on the menu, but they have it!).

It makes me cry and sniffle every time. Literally. Because of the spices. The first time we went, I ordered it in English and it was pretty mild. Ever since I've ordered it in Vietnamese and all of a sudden the spiciness level increased. Maybe I should go back to ordering in English and it will be mild again. :)

This week I ordered it for pick-up so I could enjoy it at home during my lunch break.  I ate half of it yesterday and finished the other half today for my lunch break.

Mmm, warm soup belly.

If you want to know how to prepare this yourself at home, I posted my recipe here.


3 comments:

  1. that looks delicious, thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that they adapted the spicyness! I'm not really surprised though, I've heard a similar thing happening to a friend :)

    ReplyDelete