Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Lunar New Year!

Lanterns 8x8 Fine Art Photo by Shannonpix
Swallows Silk Scarf by MargotBianca
Hares 8x10 Fine Art Print by eastwitching
Mooncakes by A. L. Designs
Jumping Bunny Felted Soap by SoFino

I remember celebrating Tet (Lunar New Year) during my childhood. My parents would bring my brother and me to a party and there would be a dragon dance. And every year, that dragon would come near me and open its big furry jaws to the beat of the loud drums and I would cry and hug my dad so I couldn't see it. Every. Single. Time. Ugh, why did they torture me like that?

I hated those parties because of that dragon. But I would be happy because at the end of the ceremony, all the kids would get bright red envelopes embellished with gold foil. Inside would be cash! 

I sure do miss that cash...

As I got older, I would participate in the fan dance with other girls my age. I wish I could do that again. Or at least wear an áo dài again. :) 


Wishing you prosperity and luck,
Jenny


p.s. You can see more of these pretty Lunar New Year finds in my Etsy treasury.

No comments:

Post a Comment