Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Banana Blueberry Muffins

A bought a pint of blueberries for some juice concoctions, but then, I thought about baking them into something instead. Blueberry muffins are one of my favorites. Since I already knew a recipe for Banana muffins, I just added blueberries to my Banana Coconut Walnut Muffins (minus the coconut and walnuts).

I reduced the amount of sugar to 0.5 cup from 0.75 cup since these bananas were extra ripe. I was feeling extra indulgent, so I used oil. 0.33 cup of it. Added a couple handfuls of blueberries at the end.

Ingredients
Makes 12 cupcake-sized muffins

1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.5 cup white sugar
0.33 cup oil
4 large, ripe bananas
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Splash of organic vanilla soy milk
Blueberries, a few handfuls

Mix and pour into non-stick cupcake baking pan, and bake for 20-25 mins at 350 F.

Banana Blueberry Muffins

I really like how the blueberries explode inside the muffins. When you break the muffin in half, it's all gooey with goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment