Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fried Rice

Fried Rice

Yesterday, The Boy texted me letting me know that he was eating at Ichiban with some co-workers and having shrimp hibachi! Torture me more, why don't you! I love hibachi restaurants. I love the onion volcano and the sweet knife skills.

So I decided to make my own fried rice. It's not the same as the one in the hibachi places, and I don't have awesome knife skills, but at $0.65 per serving, I'd say it's a winner. :)

Fried Rice
Fried Rice
Fried Rice

I love making fried rice because it's a throw-everything-in-the-pan-at-the-right-time kind of dish and clean up is super easy.

Ingredients
Serves 4

Onion, diced
Ginger, diced
Garlic, diced

Asparagus
Carrots

4 Eggs
2 Cups Rice, cooked, I use Jasmine

Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper

I  use a stainless steel pan so the little brown bits that stick to the bottom add a nice crunch to the dish. Yummy yum yum. You can use a non-stick wok for this, but you may miss out on the crunchy goodness.

Sweat onion, ginger and garlic.
Add asparagus. I tend to under cook my vegetables because I like them super crispy.
Move veggies aside and break 4 eggs into the pan. Break the yolks and cook like scrambled eggs.
I added carrots in later because I like them extra crunchy, but you can cook it with the asparagus.
Add cooked rice and douse in soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Fried Rice

Happy Weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenny! That sound so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your last two recipes begin with "sweat onion, ginger, and garlic"... Such a delicious combination!

    ReplyDelete