Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shrimp and Scallop Diablo Pasta

diablopasta
Taken with Samsung Epic 4G phone

Last night, The Boy requested some seafood pasta in a spicy red sauce for dinner.  I was hesitant, for two reasons:

1.) I rarely make red sauces because I get red splatters on whatever I'm wearing while I cook. Every. Single. Time.
2.) I'm not a big fan of anything pasta related. Maybe due to reason #1.

I also don't usually stock chiles in my fridge, sooo I go to my best friends Sriracha and Sweet Chili Sauce for some kick. :)

Ingredients
Serves 2 for dinner and 2 for next day's lunch :)

Shrimp
Scallop

4 Vine Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Mango, diced
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1 chunk Ginger, diced
2 cloves Garlic, diced
Wine, just a splash, pick your favorite (I used a red wine, 2008 Argentinian Malbec)
Cilantro, handful chopped
Sriracha
Sweet chili sauce
Salt and Pepper
Lime Juice

Sweat onion, garlic, ginger in a pan.
Add tomatoes and let it simmer and thicken.
Add mango, sriracha, sweet chili sauce.
Add wine, salt, pepper, lime juice to taste.

The mango and sweet chili sauce will balance out the acidity of the tomatoes, but I still had to add some sugar at the end because I prefer sweet over sour. It may be an Asian thing.

Stir in shrimp and scallop and let it simmer until seafood is tender (don't overcook, otherwise you'll end up with seafood rubber!). I placed a lid on my pan to trap in the moisture. The scallop and shrimp will release some yummy juices and thin out the sauce to perfection.

Top with chopped cilantro.

Serve on a bed of pasta.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good! I love pasta, but even when not cooking, there's a good chance I'll come away with red splatters on my clothing :P

    ReplyDelete