Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Together for Japan (UPDATE!)



Last week, I committed to donating 25% of my sales from Friday, March 18 through Sunday, March 20th to Red Cross to help Japan. The Boy agreed to match my donation by 100%. The company The Boy works for, Thomson Reuters, matches 100% of donations by their employees, too! 

As a result, we raised $534 on my end, and with The Boy's match, we totaled $1,068 from our account.

Holy moly, that's a lot of money to exit our bank account in one lump. But it is a tiny fraction of how much Japan has lost, so we are happy to give it.

With Thomson Reuters Foundation match, we were able to raise $2,136 to Red Cross to help Japan! 


A super-special thank you to those who purchased bags to make this possible:
Amy E.
Carolynn B.
Deborah H.
Hikara M.
Elizabeth C.
Jessica S.
Jodi B.
Judy L.
Julie D.
Julie M.
Kristen H.
Laurie P.
Nancy M.
Rachel W.
Rebecca M.
Susan B.



Some screenshots of the donation:


2 comments:

  1. yay! I'm so happy! =) That was a wonderful thing you did, and I'm happy to have gotten a bag from you for a a good cause (I'm Carolynn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You guys are amazing - one's personal initiative combined with others produces so much!

    ReplyDelete