Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Headboard Alternative

Figuring out a "headboard" solution. Blue paintings?

Are you renting your place? Does it make you NOT want to buy big bulky furniture because you know eventually you'll have to move it to the next rental?

I avoid buying things that I can't break down into boxes again because I don't want to have to move it again. Or will have to hire people to move it. I feel like a college student, moving from apartment to apartment every year. I'm hoping that we stay put in this apartment for at least a few lease terms for a few reasons:

1. Pet deposits are expensive.
2. My business has a lot of stuff. Heavy stuff.
3. I can't buy big awesome furniture!

Ideally, I'd love to be in a permanent residence, but that may be a few years down the road.  In the meantime, I will continue to find alternatives to making "home" with what I can.

Step 1: Bed needs a headboard...

...to say the least.

It's a box spring with a mattress on top. I bought a new duvet cover that is really neutral (white with light brown foliage print) and created the illusion of a footboard by placing a dark mocha throw at the foot of the bed. Now to create the illusion of a headboard.

I thought about a few alternatives: painting on the wall, using an old door, buying an actual headboard...

Since we have no art in the apartment (mentioned yesterday), I figured I would start with that. Three paintings above the bed to add some color, art, and a "headboard". Three birds with one stone!

My initial thought was to pull the colors from the duvet cover, but that was immediately vetoed by The Boy. He suggested COLOR, preferably in the blue-green spectrum with a beachy feel.  I took out the ole Pantone Color Guide and I found it (see above).

Next.

Step 2: Side tables
Step 3: Lamps

One step at a time...

Now to start painting! After I finish orders...

No comments:

Post a Comment