Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Oatmeal [Chocolate-Covered] Raisin Cookies

Oatmeal (Chocolate-Covered) Raisin Cookies

Have you ever bought 36 packs of Raisinets because Amazon was having one of those one-day chocolate sales that happen every Friday?

Well. This is what happened here. I caved into buying one of my favorite chocolate treats. Too many of them. And it turns out that The Boy doesn't like raisins. NOT EVEN if they are covered in chocolate! This must change.

So, how do you get your fiance to eat chocolate covered raisins? Bake 'em into cookies. The raisins.

Raisinets

I used the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe from Smitten Kitchen and I accidentally added baking powder (not sure why, I always bake with it and it was just a habit) and totally didn't obey the note to chill the dough before baking and they didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted them to, so I won't post the details of what I did so you won't copy me. Instead, follow the Smitten Kitchen recipe and replace the raisins for chocolate covered raisins. I think you should be good.

Oatmeal (Chocolate-Covered) Raisin Cookies

They still look good, and taste good. The texture and thickness just isn't quite right.

Okay, so this is me procrastinating work. I'm getting back to sewing now. :)

1 comment: