Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Fail

Wedding - Invitation Stamp

I do not come with good news of my new Clutch design, my friends. Sadly.

This weekend, I was reminded by both my future sister-in-law (a.k.a wedding planner boss lady, Aparna) and my future husband (The Boy) that I needed to make invitations so that family in India can make travel plans to attend our wedding in October.

Oops.

This is my little timeline for the rest of the year:
May: Renegade Austin, TX
July: Renegade San Francisco, CA
Sept: Renegade Chicago, IL (hopefully)
Oct: Wedding!!
Nov: Thanksgiving in TX with parents + brother
Dec: Holidays in PA with in-laws

I'm also still keeping up with orders from the shop and finding time to feed myself...and my future husband...and my dog. And get to the gym to get in wedding shape.

Oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to be married this year. EEEEEeee!!

So, I'm spread a bit thin, but I really love operating this way because I have lots of fun and different things to prepare and dream about during the day and in my sleep.

Okay, what was my point, here?

Right. Wedding. Invitations. India relatives.

I really wanted to hand make my wedding invitations and more specifically, I wanted to stamp a cool design of mine on the cover and print the rest of the text. I really love the look of stamped art and thought I would carve out a wicked detailed mehndi-inspired design, yet keep it simple and modern in keeping with my general aesthetic.

In the drawing, it looked pretty cool, but carving out all that detail from a piece of rubber was a bit harder than I thought. It looked more like those surfer Hawaiian designs. Not exactly what I anticipated. This is not the final design for the wedding invites, but I wanted to show you how much hard work I put into it so you know I'm not a slacker.

I'll show you the final wedding invitation design when I get 'em done. Oh, and I WILL launch the new Clutch soon. But not today. But soon. I promise.


Wedding - Invitation Stamp

4 comments:

  1. it's pretty cool nevertheless...

    you can look up traditional henna designs on google for more inspiration.

    example: http://hennamehndi.com/images/h6.jpg

    http://hennamehndi.com/images/indian_henna_design_tattoos.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael ShimekTuesday, May 03, 2011

    Congrats Jenny! I am so happy for you, way to go lady.. with everything

    ReplyDelete