Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

He's 26.

Tiramisu Cupcakes

The Boy turned 26 yesterday, and me being a bad fiance, did not take pictures of the festivities.  :(

I did, however, get a picture of the Tiramisu Cupcakes that I baked for him.

His four favorite desserts:
Tiramisu
Red Velvet cupcakes
Carrot Cake cupcakes
Chocolate anything

I'm not certain that the last three are his favorites (they are my favorites), but he introduced me to Tiramisu, so that is surely at the top of his list. :)

We kept things low key this year. We went to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant with Adi (The Boy's brother) and Aparna (Adi's wife) and ordered our weekly regulars. We frequent this restaurant because it's super good, within walking distance from our apartment, and the owners already know our orders so it's always a good experience.

We returned to the apartment and played pool - married couple vs soon-to-be-married couple, best of three.  We won, but really, The Boy won because I can barely hit the cue ball.

Then, then then!! We went to our place and opened a bottle of Argentinian Malbec and ate the Tiramisu Cupcakes that I lovingly baked from scratch, following the recipe to the 't'.

And that, my friends, concludes The Boy's birthday night. He received lots of gifts and is happy to be now in his "upper twenties". Though I'm pretty sure 26 is still considered "mid twenties".

Speaking of mid twenties, my birthday is on the 11th (I turn 25, oh no!) and I got one of my gifts early because I'm incredibly impatient and make it known.

Birthday shoes

Boy does he have good taste. I now try to work my entire wardrobe around these shoes because they are really comfortable and remind me of the beach, and summer, and vacation, which I need. Soon.

What about Hubert?

Hubert ran around the apartment dog park this morning with some new friends (one 4-month-old puppy the same size as Hubert and one grizzly-bear looking softie dog who waited until the the small dogs would pass under her legs to play). Hubie has been a lazy bum ever since. I thought you would enjoy pictures of this lazy little monster.

Hubert after a run around the park
Pug butt

Pug Butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment