Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

My Skirt is a Shirt

Packet in Arabian Spice

Tee: Banana Republic
Silk Shirt Skirt: Thrifted
Heels: Banana Republic


I have a pile... no... boxes of thrifted, garaged saled, and stolen* button-down shirts that I've claimed I'll go back and alter/modify/redesign into something else.

In all the years I've been hoarding collecting those shirts, I've only modified three. You can see them here and here and here.

Last night, before date night, I was rummaging around on Etsy and found this great skirt on Dear Golden Vintage I wanted to mimic with one of the bajillion button-down shirts I have. It totally looks like it was made from a wool shirt, right?

Sewing at the end of a work day? Nah.

I button the silk shirt up to my waist, tie the sleeves into a cute little bow, froof out the cuffs, then call it a night. No sewing necessary.

Win!

Pose with the Packet and look like a little school girl.

Double-win!

Go out for sushi and Korean and drink an entire bottle of Soju.

Triple-win!


*I only steal from my relatives. Namely my brother and my fiance who are about to donate shirts that are too big for them and I go in and swipe them. Because I'm a hoarder interested in recycling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment