Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pink Ribbon

pink leather ribbon

October is my favorite month.

Pops of red, orange and yellow in the trees.
Chilly breezy weather.
The month of our wedding anniversary (!!!).
Football season in full swing.
What more can you ask for?

In all the excitement of watching football, those pink shoes and gloves reminded me that October is also an important month for something more important than the pretty trees and a chilly breeze. It's the month of breast cancer awareness.

Then I started to think about the amazing women in my life who have fought the war of breast cancer, but did not live to tell their stories. I know one very inspirational woman who is a survivor. This month is dedicated to her. This month is to help women like her live to tell their stories of surviving their battle against breast cancer, so that they can enjoy the colorful trees and the clean, crisp breeze of fall.

I'm donating $50 from each sale of the Mini Ruche in Bubblegum Pink Leather to Susan G. Komen for the Cure this month.

You can also donate directly to Susan G. Komen here.

1 comment:

  1. October is one of my favorite months, too. This is such a generous offer. Wishing you lots of sales this month!

    ReplyDelete