Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Flashback Friday: My Dad



If you've seen my brother you would think these were pictures of him on Halloween with a 1971 vintage filter on the photos.  I swear, my parents cloned themselves rather than having children naturally.

Fortunately, if we are clones, I am happy to know that when I turn 55, I will look exactly like I do at 25... as long as I follow my mom's routine of going to the gym 6 days a week and eating super healthy whole grains and flax seed and oatmeal and all that nonsense.

Unfortunately for me, not enough green tea ice cream mochi can persuade me to go to the gym 6 days a week.  But, maybe I don't have to worry about all that since we know how Asian women age.

Cloning theories aside, my father was a military man, and this had a big influence on our lives.

For one, my brother and I grew up doing push ups as punishment.  Made for interesting conversations as a child...

"Pushups? What are push ups?"
"You've never done a push up? You don't have to do them when you get in trouble?"
"I get sent to my room. Or get grounded."
"What? That's awesome!"

However,  now that I'm older, I am thankful for the many years of push up punishments.

My toned arms are thankful.

4 comments:

  1. Karen/Small Earth VintageFriday, March 09, 2012

    You and your brother probably kicked butt in gym class!  I love your flashback Friday posts, Jenny...and your dad is so handsome and looks so *young* in that top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops found a typo: "My *toned* arms are thankful"...hark hark

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my daughter's got too snotty with me, I made her do push-ups too, to burn off some of that extra attitude....one day she came home from school all happy, she could do more pushups in phys ed than even any of the boys :o)  ---Chinese American Dragon Mom

    ReplyDelete