Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Modeling Bags



Last week, in between sewing orders, I felt the need to model some of my bags to add some variety to the shop.  

Actually, I received my new (vintage 1960s) dress from Small Earth Vintage, and I decided that she needed to be photographed with a bag.  Then I was on a roll.  

And by roll, I mean I took one other picture with this super-comfy beachy tank I bought while in LA.  :)


Sometimes I wonder if modeling the bag takes away from the bag design or does it actually give a potential customer some perspective on its size, how to wear it, what to wear it with? 

Ideally, I'd like to choose leather colors that can go with every kind of outfit.  But sometimes,  a bag and a dress are meant for each other.

This gorgeous dress and the Baby Ruche in Honey Brown are like sisters, 50 years apart in age, separated,  then finally reunited.  

Okay, maybe not sisters, more like mother-daughter.  

Or grandmother-granddaughter?

I digress.

2 comments:

  1. Jacinda ShieldsMonday, May 21, 2012

    Jenny,
    I have to tell you I LOVE your bags!  I dream of making bags like this.  I made a couple with vinyl, but my non-industrial sewing machine couldn't handle the material!  They turned out but just barely!  I want one of yours, they are so beautiful and perfect!  Keep up the good work.  Your Packet in Dark Espresso Brown is on my wishlist for whenever I can butter up my husband enough!  (-:
    Jacinda Shields
    www.yellowcloth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the modeled pics of your bags. I think it connects the customer to you since its you and your husband who do the modeling (super adorable) AND and a petite person myself, the photos were a big help when I was trying to decide between the mini and the baby.

    ReplyDelete