Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Cocktail Hour: Gentleman's Martini



Boy and I have been dabbling into cocktail making and dranking lately.  (Boy makes, I drank.)  :)

This inspired a new segment "Cocktail Hour", where Boy will share some of his tasty alcoholic concoctions while I drink (and take pictures).   I'll let Boy take it from here.



When Jenny and I first met three years ago, we had almost nothing in common.  One thing that we did share was our taste in alcohol - unfortunately we also shared our drinking palates with most cartoon pirates. 

But, as we have grown in our relationship and our waistlines, we have made an effort to change the way we enjoy our drinks.  Nowadays, we find that having a good time makes us want to share a drink with our friends and family, and I thought I'd share one of our favorite drinks with all of you.  It reminds us of everything that's good about the summer this year. 

The Gentleman's Martini is our take on the bartender's classic Manhattan.  This drink brings out the woodiness of a good Bourbon, entices your olfactory senses with aromatic bitters, and reminds you that "amore" is in the air this summer with the bittersweet after-taste of amaretto.

2oz Bourbon - we use Woodford Reserve
1/2oz Amaretto
1/2oz Sweet Vermouth
3 dashes of your favorite aromatic bitters - we use Angostura

Serve shaken.

Have one on us, and let us know how you like it.

Cheers!

Jenny & Boy

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the fabulous time that is the gentleman's martini. It makes me forget my workplace woes, and anything else that happens 30 minutes after finishing it.

    ReplyDelete