Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Introducing: The Apprentice Bag + New Website



I've been craving some space lately.

Just one space.  All my own.   On the internet.  Where I have complete control over the look, feel, and (shopping) experience.

My brother sent me an article about entrepreneurs and "how little most small-business owners seem to understand about what it truly takes to invent, design, build, grow, and maintain a thriving company".

Sure, I see articles like this all the time, written by people who observe small businesses and offer their advice in vague ways.  Like, "just step back and look at the big picture" and "think beyond what the day-to-day reality of your business calls you to do."

That's easy.  If you're not busy running a business.  If you're not keeping up with demand, creating demand, and everything in between designing, making, and selling your product all while trying to maintain spectacular customer service.  As one employee who is self-employed. 

The fact is, the day-to-day is very busy, physically and mentally.  To find time away from that to look at the big picture is not easy if you run a business. 

For someone who enjoys controlling each and every aspect of her brand, I find expanding difficult.

I simply can't trust anyone to do what I do, as well as I do it, with as much passion as I have for it.  (Yet.)

My husband thinks differently of entrepreneurs, though.

He thinks that entrepreneurs are people who create an income rather than demand one.

He also reminded me to continue to reinvent myself.  

I don't know what that means (see, vague), but I took it as "you need to design a new bag."



This bag is the outcome of realizing that I am still a novice.

I am still learning.  I will never stop learning.

This is the Apprentice --a messenger for the life-long learner.

Oh, I did manage to claim that small space I've been craving.

It's my new shop.

I hope you love it.

To celebrate the launch of my very own space on the web, I'm offering free shipping now through Sunday on your order at the new shop.  Use code FREESHIP at checkout!

Love,
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. YOu are absoluty RIGHT !!! :)


    And the new bag so beautiful! :)


    Best wishes: vanessza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen/SmallEarthVintageWednesday, August 01, 2012

    The new site looks fantastic...and I'm completely in love with the Apprentice, especially in that dark green color. Great job, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, the new bag and new site are awesome. What a wonderful realization of your work! SJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny,
    I love the new bag and your site is so beautiful and perfect! Well done!
    Jacinda

    ReplyDelete