Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Evolution of My Hair



I've been addicted to short hair lately.  I've had long hair most of my life but it started becoming a drag to maintain on a daily basis.  (Drying a wet mop in the morning is no fun task.)

One fine day, my sister-in-law comes back from a haircut and my mother-in-law, husband, and brother-in-law are like, "Jenny! You should cut your hair that short, too!"  We have a similar face shape, so I thought, "Suuure! Except I'm doing it myself!" because I have some weird ego about cutting my own hair.  It started out as a "I am a college student and don't have money for a hair cut" thing and turned into a "I can cut my own hair, look how cool I am" ego thing.

So I went into the bathroom and chopped it short, just below my shoulders (see "1st Anniversary" photo below).  Everyone oohed and aahed and we were all pretty happy.



But.  I wanted more.  More as in shorter.  So I wanted less.  Or maybe I wanted more length removed.  See how it can go either way?

After much persuasion from my husband, I went to a professional.  And I really love it.  So much so that I insisted on scheduling an appointment for 6 weeks from now.   Ego?  Gone.

A few things.  I feel like I look more "upper twenties" than my former "twelve".  Shay always joked that I looked like a 12-year-old.  The fact that I typically dress like a 12-year-old boy doesn't help, either.

Secondly, maintence.  It dries super-fast now, making me more willing to wash my hair because I know it won't be a pain to dry. 

Willingness to shower is always a good thing.  Take note.

Love,
Jenny

p.s. We recently celebrated our 1st anniversary on October 22, 2012.  Can you believe it's already been a year since our wedding?!  Besides being a few shades paler and a few pounds heavier, we're the same as before being married.  Good, right? 

If you missed the wedding photos last year, you can see more posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment