Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Introducing: Summer 2013 Beach Collection



Shay and I took a short trip to Miami.  It was our very first vacation together!  Yes, we've traveled together --to shows for my business.  This time, it was different.  It was an actual vacation, not a "vacation where Jenny freaks out and stresses out the whole time because she has so much pressure to sell bags at the end of the trip".  It was nice.  And necessary.

While we were there, I used my Archive in Morning Mist Leather (pictured above).  It worked well, but I realized I needed something a little more breathable and water resistant to enjoy at the beach.

There it was.  Inspiration.  Something I lost because I was overworked.  I was inspired by the colors prevalent in the bright city of Miami Beach.  Inspired by the need for something light, airy, yet still durable for everyday wear.   Inspired to finally address the many many requests from my customers for a non-leather vegan-friendly bag.  It was just what I needed.

I came back from Miami refreshed and ready to work on a summer collection for my shop.


I began the search for materials that would give me the same "weighty" feeling I get from leather.  It needed to be durable, weather resistant, and can be sewn with my super-industrial sewing machine, which uses thick bonded thread. 
I also wanted to re-introduce prints into my shop.  But not just any prints.  I wanted prints reminiscent of our experience in Miami.  Bright, bold, and neon.  (And with a small touch of French, since we frequented this little French restaurant while we were there.) 


I finished the entire collection this week, and I'm very happy with the result.  I hope you are, too! :)

The print fabric is made of outdoor upholstery canvas and the accent fabric is made of vegan upholstery vinyl, often used for RV and boat seating upholstery.  Both of these materials are durable, weather resistant, and meant for every day use. 

These bags are available in limited-quantity exclusively in the Archive and Clutch styles.  They are made and ready to ship for your upcoming beach vacation, outing, or every day wear.

Shop the Beach Collection!

Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty..but Azure Fleur... is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!...........love them ALL :).........Good luck jenny

    ReplyDelete