Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh Dearie, 27.



I don't know why I started this tradition of photographing myself on my birthday each year (25, 26), but I hope it pays off when my blog has 50 years of self portraits. :)

What I do know is that I plan to grow out my hair again, as per the request of everyone I know.

These years don't get any easier.  With the pressures of doing grown-up stuff like buying a house, having a baby, traveling the world, and whatever else I'm supposed to be doing as I near 30, I've started to reflect on how my future is "supposed" to play out.   Maybe with some kind of timeline?

But, let's be honest.  Timelines don't work (that well).  Shay and I tend to work more in terms of checklists.

Like...

Things to Do:
☑ Feed Hubert
☑ Go to the gym
☑ Make bags
☑ Buy shoes
☐ Go to Red Lobster for 27th birthday
☐ Limit one Cheddar Bay Biscuit
☐ Get an MBA (Shay)
☐ Adopt a black pug (Please please pleeeease!)
☐ Buy a house
☐ Furnish said house to Jenny's liking
☐ Make time to travel
☐ Have a baby

33% complete.  Not bad.

It'll be 50% complete by tonight!

(Don't count on me just having one cheddar bay biscuit.  Low carb diets don't count on your birthday.  It's a rule of life.)

p.s. H&M dress, gifted scarf, Clutch in Boysenberry 
p.p.s. $27 off your purchase for today only at my shop.  Use code 27BDAY.  Cannot be combined with any other offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment